This was probably one of the first recipes I ever converted when I first got my Thermomix and it has been made a number of times. I have kept tweaking it until I am happy with result but also by keeping it to a dinner you could make any night of the week without having any special ingredients. This is super yummy either on its own or served with corn chips or tortillas. Enjoy. Eb x
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 20g Oil
- 1 heaped tsp paprika (smoked is best)
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh oregano
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 500g chicken thighs diced
- 1 red capsicum chopped
- 200g Arborio rice
- 400g tin tomatoes or fresh chopped
- 50g TMX stock
- 80g tomato paste
- 500g water
- 1 tin kidney beans drained
- Fresh coriander for garnish
Add garlic and onion to bowl and chop on Speed 5 for 3 seconds. Add oil and capsicum and sauté for 5 minutes at Varoma Reverse Speed 1.
Add chicken, herbs and spices and rice and cook for 3 minutes at 100deg Reverse Soft Speed.
Add remaining ingredients and cook for 20 minutes at 100deg on Reverse Speed 1.