This recipe is thanks to my mum who brought this salad along to a recent gathering. Sensational!!! It is really the dressing that is the wow factor but great one to make on hot week like we are about to have here in Perth!! Bring on Australia Day with a christening of our new BBQ and some good hearty salads! Eb x
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 small to medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 500g water
- Selection of fresh vegetables such as diced capsicum, diced cucumber, chopped snow peas, lightly fried/baked asparagus, diced red onion/spring onions, cherry tomaotoes
- Couple of handfuls of rocket or fresh gourmet lettuce leaves of choice
- ¼ cup of either walnuts, pepitas or sunflower seeds
- Big handful chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves
Place quinoa in simmering basket then rinse under the tap until it runs clear. Insert simmering basket into bowl, put potato on top of quinoa. Pour water into bowl. Cook for 20 minutes at Varoma Temp Speed 4. Remove basket and set aside to cool.
When cooled, place all ingredients into a large salad bowl and combine.
For the Dressing (can be made in advance)
- 50g lime juice
- 50g red wine vinegar
- 15g soy sauce
- 40g honey
- 80g olive oil
- 1 fresh garlic clove peeled
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 chilli or to taste
Place all ingredients into the bowl and blitz Speed 8 for 10 seconds. Pour over the salad.