The original recipe for this one comes from a girlfriends mum who was responsible for making me LOVE curries. This is meant to be a very hot curry so don't be shy when adding your chillies but of course it is still delicious without the heat. I generally do this one when I am having multiple curries because you don't need to have a lot of it to enjoy it. It does work best using kidney beans but I have used lentils, borlotti and cannellini beans. Enjoy. Eb x
- 2 cans of beans or lentils (kidney beans work really well!)
- 40g olive oil
- 1 medium onion peeled and halved
- 20g fresh ginger
- 10g garlic cloves
- 3 chillies (or to taste)
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 1 heaped tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 50g vegetable stock paste
- Fresh coriander leaves and stems
- Salt to taste.
Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli to the bowl and Chop Speed 6 for 3 seconds.
Add spices and oil and cook for 5 minutes at Varoma Soft Speed.
Add tomato and stock and cook for 10 minutes at 100deg Soft Speed.
Insert butterfly, add beans/lentils and cook for a further 5 minutes at 100deg Reverse Soft Speed. Adjust seasoning and stir through coriander.