I am trying to eat better post Christmas so I probably should stick to lettuce but this just over took me tonight. I would consider it a healthy pasta salad in moderation (due to pasta only) but it was really delicious. If you are not a fan of jalapeños you can reduce the quantity or leave out but I absolutely love them (thanks to Bek!). You could also leave the chicken out if you wanted it to be vegetarian, just substitute with more fresh vegetables of your choice. Enjoy. Eb x
- 300g cooked pasta of choice
- 150g shredded chicken (optional)
- Handful of cherry tomatoes sliced (or sun dried tomatoes)
- 2 (jarred) roasted capsicums sliced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 30g toasted pinenuts. (optional)
Place all of the above in a bowl. Set Aside.
- 250g plain yoghurt
- 70g sour cream
- 30g coriander leaves and stems
- 100g avocado flesh (approx. 1 medium avocado)
- 30g jarred jalapenos (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 mint leaves
Add all of the above to the bowl and blitz for 20 seconds at Speed 8. Pour through the salad and combine well.