My husband actually gave me a high five for tonight's effort (not had that happen before!!) so he clearly loved it. You can do this one however you like, you can add extra chillies for a hotter paste, leave out the prawns and just do chicken, leave out the flour for a more liquid soup like consistency or leave out the nuts. Personally I thought it was just awesome as it was but next time I think I will serve with rice. Flavour packed dinner done in a flash!! Eb x
- 2-4 Red Chillies
- 50g fresh coriander leaves and roots
- 40g fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 50g red onion
- 10g shrimp paste
- 20g brown sugar
- 25g fresh turmeric (1 tsp dried)
- 50g olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Place all ingredients in the bowl and blitz on Speed 8 for 40 seconds.
- 150g macadamias/cashews (either one or a mix of both) (Optional)
- 100-200g Laksa Paste
- 1 brown onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 garlic clove
- 400g diced chicken thighs
- 200-300g prawns peeled
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 70g chicken stock paste or vegetable stock paste
- 550g coconut milk/cream
- 20g plain flour (optional) – leave out if you would prefer a more soup finish.
- Spring onions and coriander to garnish
Add nuts to the bowl and blitz on Speed 8 for 10 seconds. SET ASIDE
Add onion and garlic to the bowl and chop on Speed 6 for 3 seconds. Add 20g oil and laksa paste and cook for 10 minutes at 100deg Speed 1.
Add chicken, coconut milk/cream, kaffir lime leaves, flour (if using) and stock paste and cook for 20 minutes at 100deg Reverse Soft Spoon.
Add prawns and nuts and cook for a further 7 minutes at 100deg Reverse Soft Spoon.
Serve with rice or rice noodles.