This soup is an absolute winter winner! Don't forget your fresh crusty loaf. The original recipe can be found at Iowagirleats.com - Bek :)
Print this recipe
- 8 slices streaky bacon, chopped into small squares (fry half and use for garnish)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped in half
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli seeds removed
- salt & pepper
- 4 cups shredded or grated cauliflower (1 small cauliflower cut into small chunks)
- 50g flour
- 200g chicken stock
- 200g milk
- 250g sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onion tops, chopped (optional)
Put cubed cheese into TMX bowl and grate 7 seconds speed 8, remove and SET ASIDE.
Place chopped up cauliflower into TMX bowl and mince reverse speed 5 for 4 seconds remove and set aside
Place onion, celery, garlic, chilli in TMX bowl and chop 5 seconds speed 6. Scrap sides down and chop again 2 seconds speed 6
Add bacon and sauté for 3 minutes 100d speed 1 (I didn’t add oil as streaky bacon has enough fat on it)
Add cauliflower, flour, chicken stock, milk, half the grated cheese, salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes 100 degrees speed 1.5.
When cooked spoon into bowls and top with grated cheese, green onion tops and crispy bacon bits.