Originally found this recipe in a magazine and knew it could easily be adapted for Thermomix. This is so much better than it looks, with a crisp outer shell on the meringue but soft and chewy on the inside. Gaye x
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp strong instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 15 g butter
- 2 tablespoon thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Preheat oven to 110 deg (fan forced). Insert butterfly into TMX bowl add egg whites and beat for 3 minutes on Speed 4.
- Slowly add caster sugar through hole while on Speed 4 for 1 minute.
- Slow to speed 1 and mix in coffee and almonds until just combined.
- Spoon mix onto a lined baking tray into 4-6 mounds. Bake for 1 hour and then leave to cool.
- Break up chocolate and add to bowl. Grate for 5 seconds on Speed 7.
- Add butter and melt on 50 deg Speed 1 for 2-3 minutes
- Add cream and golden syrup and mix on Speed 1 for 10 seconds