A decadent banana cake that makes a perfect dessert especially warmed up with icecream. I have also turned this cake into a parfait with caramel sauce and nuts.
- 330 g Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 150 g brown sugar
- 150 g buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (or paste)
- 2 bananas
- 50 g butter
- 30 g milk
- 70 g brown sugar
- 100 g icing sugar
- Add flour, sugar and bicarb soda to the bowl and mix for 5 seconds on Speed 5. Set aside.
- Add milk, eggs, vanilla, bananas to bowl and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 5.
- Add flour and mix on Interval for 7 seconds (until just combined).
- Pour into a loaf tin and cook for 45 minutes at 150 deg (fan forced) Keep an eye on it though as my oven cooks at a higher temperature.
- To make the icing add butter, milk and brown sugar to clean bowl and cook for 6 minutes at 50 deg on Speed 3. After 2 minutes up the temperature to 90 deg. After 4 minutes (with 2 minutes left) drop temperature back to 50 deg with MC off. Add Icing sugar and mix for 10 seconds on Speed 4. Scrape sides and remix if necessary. Remove from bowl and allow to cool before icing cake.