This is a conversion from Mum's old hand written cook book. I grew up eating this meal quite regularly and the whole family loved it! I make it for my family now and they love it too. Of course, I had to convert it for ThermOMG. Feel free to add a chilli or two when making the sauce if you want a bite or a more adult version. Bek x
- 500g Mince of your choice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Weetbix
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp kecap manis
- Put garlic clove into TMX and chop for 2 seconds on Speed 7.
- Add Weetbix and blitz for 5 seconds on Speed 7.
- Add mince, egg, salt, pepper and kecap manis and mix until combined on Speed 4 for approximately 10 seconds. Roll into balls and place in TMX basket.
- 80g brown sugar
- 80g vinegar
- 200g tomato sauce
- 180g water
- 1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Place all ingredients except cornflour into clean TMX bowl.
- Add basket of meatballs and cook for 25 minutes at 100 deg on Speed 4. Stop half way through cooking and gently rotate meatballs.
- When finished remove basket of meatballs and place into Thermoserver on top of some raw sliced onion and green capsicum. Put lid on Thermoserver.
- Cook sauce for a further 5 minutes at 100 deg on Speed 4. While cooking add cornflour through the lid. When thick, pour sauce over meatballs in Thermoserver and cover with lid leaving to rest while you cook some rice.