Who doesn't love a crumble? What I love about this recipe is you can have it as a decadent dessert with all the trimmings or enjoy as a slice with a coffee. When putting this one together I thought I had actually stuffed it when I combined the fruit and part of the crumble mix but when I tasted it I was ecstatic. I have used Apple and Rhubard for this recipe but there is no reason you couldn't substitute it with just apple (and perhaps cinnamon), pear, apricots or even plums. Eb x
- 280g Apple (peeled, cored and quartered)
- 280g rhubarb (chopped)
- 40g caster sugar
- Add all ingredients into bowl and chop on Speed 7 for 2 seconds.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 90deg on Speed 1 Reverse.
- Set aside to cool.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 150g butter
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 20g cold water
Preheat oven to 180deg and line a slice tin.
- Add flour, butter and sugar to bowl, set dial to closed lid and push Turbo for 1 Second, twice.
- Add yolk and water and repeat Turbo for 1 second, twice.
- Press the mix into the pan and bake for 15 minutes, until light golden.
- 120g plain flour
- 120g butter
- 60g brown sugar
- 150g raw almonds
- 40g rolled oats
- Place all ingredients into bowl and mix on Speed 7 for 5 seconds. Remove a third of the mixture and set aside.
- Add fruit to remaining mixture and combine gently on Speed 2 for 5 seconds.
- Pour mix onto base and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining crumble mix over the top of the slice and bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until golden.
Serve with cream, icecream or custard or can be enjoyed on its own.