For awhile now I have been trying to get my kids used to having different spices in their meals. I hated curry growing up but can't get enough of it now. I don't expect my kids to embrace chilli but I do want them to embrace flavour so I really enjoyed this dish and fortunately so did they. This is a mild dish so very kid friendly and yet so simple. My girls now aged 8 and 11 are really starting to enjoy the spices and even ask to have the curries (yay!!). Some nights we even make a game of it - see if they can name that spice :). Eb x
- 1 Onion halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 500-800g chicken (thighs or breast) diced
- 100g mushrooms (optional) sliced
- 100g sour cream
- Chopped parsley or basil for garnish
- Place onion and garlic in bowl and chop on Speed 7 for 2 seconds. Scrape down sides, add 20g oil and sauté for 5 minutes at 100 deg Speed 2.
- Add paprika, tomatoes and paste and cook for 10 minutes at 100 deg on Speed 1.
- Add chicken and mushrooms if using and cook for 15 minutes at 100 deg on Soft Speed Reverse.
- Add sour cream and mix for 20 seconds on Speed 2 Reverse.
Serve with rice or vegetables.