Cashew and maple syrup are some flavours I'm loving at the moment and together they are divine! It's easy to create a slice - use any one of a number of basic base recipes and then go for it with the topping. This little ripper is delightful served up with a cup of English breakfast tea or added to your high tea tower. Bek x
- 120g butter
- 80g whole meal flour
- 40g crushed cashew nuts
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 120g light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180deg and line a slice tin.
- Add cashew nuts to bowl and chop for 3 seconds on Speed 8. Set aside.
- Melt butter for 3 minutes at 70deg on Speed 3.
- Add flour, chopped nuts, coconut and brown sugar to bowl and mix for 15 seconds on Speed 5
- Press into tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- 40g butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tin condensed milk
In a clean bowl, add butter, maple syrup and condensed milk and cook for 7 mins at 70 deg Speed 3
Remove slice base from oven and scatter two handfuls of cashew nuts over the top then pour maple caramel sauce over the top and return to oven for a further 15 mins or until top is firm and golden
Carefully remove from tray, squiggle melted white chocolate over the top and slice into squares.